Monday, October 31, 2005

Dear Music fans of the world, Since day one I hav...

Dear Music fans of the world,

Since day one I have loved music and in recent years i have become ever increasingly upset with the trend of music simply manufactured for profit.  Perfect examples include the reality talent(less) shows and the continual stream of production line boy bands.  It is a tradegy that the world over there are wonderfully talented and dedicated musicians who fail to make ends meat but still keep touring and recording simply for the love of it.  

I intend to introduce to you some of the bands and solo artists who I believe are really shaping the world of modern music either in the present day or at any stage in the last 80 years.  If I can suceed in rubbishing some drab and monotone boy bands et al. along the way I shall.
I was brought up on a wide range of music such as Springsteen, Dylan, Van Morrison, Joplin and Mitchell all the way to Lady Smith Black Mambazo, Veirdi and Holst.  To this day I still maintain a vastly ecclectic taste in music covering titles far too numerous to mention but it shall sufice to say that I can find something I can enjoy in any genre of music.

My personal career in music began as a 7 year old clarinetist who wasnt allowed to play the saxophone.  I soon graduated to the musical love of my life, the tenor sax.  Since then I have achieved grade 8 (of 8) and played in and lead a number of district and school level swing and big bands.  For all of those who care I play a French made Selmer Super action 80 from 1982. Most recently I have getting to grips with the guitar and really enjoying performing alot of folk and accoustic songs.  While I was at school I sang with a choir that not only toured Iceland, sung for national TV at the last night of the proms, won a place in the top 16 choirs in the UK and came 5th in the international Eisteddfod in Wales which saw Paverotti made famous.

I have been priveledged enough to attend Reading Festival twice and the North Sea Jazz Festival in both The Hague and Cape Town.  Also I have seen Bob Dylan, Elton John, Eric Clapton and Lady Smith to name but afew big names.

If the fancy takes me I might even be tempted to stray into art aswell during this blog so be warned!

So this is the complete introduction to my blog and I look forward to grilling a shitty act and praising a good one very soon!    

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Je hebt het niveau van een poffertje.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home