Friday, November 04, 2005

Kanye? Kan ya drop the act

Just for one moment I would like to take issue with a one Kanye West; his political opinions aside I am suitably disappointed with his latest single which from now on I intend to refer to as “Fools Gold Digger”.
For a long time I held Kanye in high regard against his peers such as 50 Cent and The Game as a rapper with intelligence, significant and sensitive lyrics and nothing less than a decent hold on melody.  Not to mention the excellent job he did in producing John Legend’s album.
But “Fools Gold Digger” simply drags him down.  My first issue is that now he seems to have slid into the deprave world of shouting a la Lil’ John and co.  Secondly his lyrics are one iota short of dropping “Chandon” “Ho” and “Bling” with unnerving regularity and lastly I am keen to know what was the point in having Jamie Foxx appear both in the video and at the VMAs?  Was this a lame attempt to try and convince people the great man was born again?  Honestly I fail to see the point bearing in mind it is clearly Ray Charles singing the backing loop.
I just have five words for you Mr West:  “You are better than this!”          

2 Comments:

Blogger QueenieCarly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:27 PM  
Blogger QueenieCarly said...

**Sorry, I had to edit this for spelling errors.**

I do have to disagree with you, Ryan. I don't think he is better than this. Gold Digger, Fool's or not, is the first thing that West has done that even slightly interested me. I'm not going to argue that it's a groundbreaking track, but it is catchy and fun to listen to and that's good for a few spins on my iPod.

I really dig your blog, though. I will be back. Thanks for visiting mine.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home