Saturday, November 05, 2005

A Cracking Crazy Pianos on any Given Day

I defy anyone to name a venue for live music which hosts the kind of talent and diverse repertoire on display at Crazy Piano’s in Scheveningen, Holland.  While I am not shy to meat out criticism where it is due or points which I believe could be improved I am confident to go out on a limb here and say that on its night the execution is flawless.  Don’t get me wrong the musicians are no great innovators but what they choose to do, they do excellently.  Night after night a team of pianists deal with 8 to 10 hours of non stop requests and they meet every single one with no music, never have I asked for something which they didn’t know, or at the very least know someone who did know it.

I’m not here to share with you my thoughts on the service but it should suffice to say that it compliments the entire atmosphere nicely and I am all in favour of the 8euro cover charge in order to guarantee a certain crowd.

In short summary Crazy Pianos will certainly maintain a place in my top 3 easily accessible clubs offering live music for many years to come.  Long live bar staff who dance on the grand pianos!    

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

hi Ryan

just popped in and had a look around

i like what you are on about, and im adding you to my blogroll of doom...ill keep popping back and having a read...keep up the good work

really like the diversity in here

just saying hi

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love music, can't deny that, but I've always failed in producing music of my own... and I got lost in your fancy english... Can't believe someone from The Netherlands has stumbled into my tiny cyberspace in the internet... So now I'm returning the deed and now you can say someone from a proud third-world country has stumbled into your cyberspace!..Ü..

PS. Thanks for that fact! Useless as it may seem it's still knowledge gained.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home